Chattanooga Wedding : Cue the Champagne : How to be the Best Bridesmaid Ever !
Let’s face it you and your best girlfriends are getting older and the time has probably come where you will be asked to play an important role in your best friends life as she takes on one of the biggest steps in her life , the marriage journey, and ask you to be her bridesmaid or maid of honor . It seems all simple enough right…
Your bestie will do an elaborate bridesmaid proposal , breaking out in song and dance , creating some awesome 1o hour craft project or even going down on one knee, or popping a bottle ! You both will cheer, ekk, squeel and probably shed a tear and then what ????
No fear , we are going to share with you five tips to being the best bridesmaid ever.
- Be Supportive – If it doesn’t add positive energy , then don’t say it. This is not the time to point out the negative in every situation. Wedding planning is challenging enough adding negative feedback adds to stress and doesn’t take it away. We aren’t saying be fake or lie but if you can’t offer an alternative solution to the negative then this is the time to keep the lips zipped.
- Be Available– We all have a ton of commitments and life gets really busy but taking time out of your day or month just to check in on your bestie to ask how things are going or if there is anything you can do to help goes a long way. If your schedule may be super busy and you aren’t able to attend things , send a card or text by email to say “I wish I could be there” or ” be sure to send me pics”. Even remember to check on your bestie that seems to have it all together. The thought that you asked will reinforce the reason why she chose you to stand beside her in the first place.
- Be prepared to Referee- Lets keep it real, there may be somebody on the brides squad that is slacking in their bestie role. This is not the time for the Bride to have to become bridezilla, if there are friends in your circle that aren’t pulling their weight be prepared to step in and have a one on one conversation with the friend to get them on board or kill the negative vibes that they are bringing to remind everyone of the reason for everyone coming together in the first place.
- Watch the Clock – Being the best bridesmaid ever means , less stress on the bride right, which we clarified in tip number one so this means pay attention to time sensitive items such as ordering your dress, getting your shoes, responding to email and text correspondence within 24 hours, confirming whether or not you want hair and makeup services, arriving to the rehearsal and for hair and makeup on time.
- Bring the Party – We promise that more than anything that after your bestie says “I do” she wants nothing more than to dance her feet sore and being in the bridal party means you are the first and last on the dance floor to get the party started so bring your dancing shoes and those high school pep rally skills because wedding night is your time to get everyone else excited for the celebration !
Chic-ness, Chocolate, and Champagne,
Wedding Planning and Event Studio Owned by Chattanooga Wedding Planner and Wedding Coordinator Shaun Cox
Cue the Champagne Event Planning + Design offers Wedding Day Event Management Services formerly known as Day of Wedding Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning Services, Elopement Planning and Event Design Services for all your Social and Corporate Events. Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design also offer Chattanooga Wedding Flowers for your wedding and event planning needs.