Chattanooga Weddings: Hair + Makeup Prep
Today I want to talk to you about getting you and your girls wedding day ready so that you are beautiful and down the aisle on time. For our A D.I.Y. Affair brides we create custom wedding party schedules, this schedule solely focuses on the wedding party to let everyone know where to be and when, and hair and makeup rotations are one of the biggest detailed things on this form.
If your day starts off off -track it is going to be hard to bounce back from being behind schedule so you must get this right from the very start!
1. Account for everyone who is getting hair and makeup done. Even if you are not hiring a professional stylist and your maids are styling or doing their own makeup still schedule the exact time it should be happening.
2. Hair and Makeup is not one and the same they are separate. Allocate at least 30- 45 minutes per hair style for bridesmaids. Be sure hair is freshly shampooed and dried, free from any products. For the bride you will want to allocate more time. Each stylist is different so consult with your stylist for specifics . If you have a wedding coordinator she will confirm all this with the salon for you. Also ask the salon how many stylist will arrive if more than one comes you can schedule your bridesmaids accordingly. Also be sure to send your stylist a style profile. This is a guide you provide to your stylist so they can see the hair styles and makeup each girl wants so they will know exactly what stylist will be best to assign to your girls and also what products or tools they need to bring if they are doing the hair and makeup onsite.
3. Allocate 30-40 minutes per make-up allocation. Be sure face is free from any products a light moisturizer will be okay, once again allocate a bit more time for yourself, consult with your makeup artist for specifics.
4. Be sure everyone wears a button down shirt or robe ,after you have spent at least an hour getting glammed up you don’t want your hair and makeup ruined by having to take a shirt off over your head.
5. Never schedule yourself to have hair and makeup done last in the rotations unless you have a lot of buffer time built into your schedule before time to start pre-ceremony pictures or go down the aisle. It is your wedding day and your hair and makeup could not go as expected and the last thing you want to do is have a break down because everyone else’s hair and makeup is done and the stylist is having some challenges with yours and now she is racing against the clock to get you done on time. Schedule yourself early enough to allow extra time to be taken if needed and it is also good if your stylist can stick around a bit for last minute touch ups before you go down the aisle or even leave samples of all the products used on your face so you can do minor touch ups if needed.
I hope these tips help to get you and your bridal crew picture perfect, and down the aisle on time! If you would like to learn more about our full day of wedding coordination kit and forms contact us to schedule your complimentary consultation today Click Here
Wedding Planning and Event Studio Owned by Coordinator and Senior Wedding and Event Planner Shaun Cox.
Cue the Champagne Event Planning + Design offers Wedding Day Event Management Services formerly known as Day of Wedding Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning Services, Elopement Planning and Event Design Services for all your Social and Corporate Events.