You want your first dance to feel like something out of a fairytale, but there are a lot of factors that go into making this magical moment. The first dance often precedes other significant dances (father/daughter, mother/son, etc.), but your timeline is up to your discretion. Something to consider while planning when your first dance will take place is whether you’d like everyone’s undivided attention or if you’d like things to be more casual.
If you’d like an “all eyes on us” moment:
- Schedule your first dance before you open the dance floor.
- Choreograph your first dance.
- Ensure your dance floor is visible to all your guests.
- Direct lights to the center of the dance floor to perfectly illuminate you two.
If you’d like a more casual moment:
- Schedule your first dance after the first 15-30 minutes on the dance floor.
- Try to throw in a spin or two to avoid rocking back and forth for 2-5 minutes!
- Plop yourself into the crowd and let everyone disperse from you.
- Provide confetti, bubbles, or something to occupy your guests attention and make the atmosphere magical.
Don’t forget to really think about your song choice! You and your partner need to agree on and love the song and, according to your preference, consider the length of the song as well. Most importantly, talk to your coordinator. They will help you make informed decisions about every aspect of your day, and they will relay that information to your vendors, specifically your DJ for your dances, to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Content Manager | Associate Coordinator
Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design Chattanooga Tennessee’s Premier
Wedding Planning and Event Studio Owned by Chattanooga Wedding Planner and Wedding Coordinator Shaun M. Teague
Cue the Champagne Event Planning + Design offers Wedding Day Event Management Services formerly known as Day of Wedding Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning Services, Chattanooga Wedding Flowers, Elopement Planning and Event Design Services for all your Social and Corporate Events. Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design also offer Chattanooga Wedding Flowers for your wedding and event planning needs.
Cue The Champagne Event Planning + Design caters to Weddings and Events in Chattanooga Tennessee and Atlanta, Georgia Wedding locations and Worldwide.