You didn’t think we would forget our suit gang out there did you?! Just like the dress being a key focus of the wedding, the suit or tux one ends up wearing should be an incredibly important choice as well! Most of the time, it seems that the tux or suit choice is minimized in comparison to the dress decision, but we’re here to give you the same hype and advice as we do with our brides who are dress shopping! Keep reading to see some of the most important tips for finding your perfect suit.
- Decide if you want to rent or buy your tux.
- Although renting is typically a cheaper option, purchasing your tux allows you to completely customize it and have it tailored to fit you perfectly. Purchasing is also a plus as you get to keep and wear the item multiple times, rather than just for the day. This means you can really get your money’s worth- and have something that is specifically made for you! Either way, take time to set your budget for the tux and think about including the accessories and tailoring costs, too.
- Try on before you buy!
- Although it may seem like a bit of a hassle, trying on your suit or tux before buying/renting is incredibly important. You may look great in the color, or the style may look amazing in the magazine but this does not mean it will be comfortable for you. Keep in mind you will be wearing this outfit all day, on one of the most important days of your life. Make sure you’re comfortable and it fits like a glove!
- Don’t wait until the last minute.
- Buying and altering a tux or suit typically does not take as long as it does for wedding dresses, but this does not mean you should wait until the month of to take care of this vital task. Keep in mind, there will likely be a few weeks of waiting for the suit to be shipped and then a few more weeks for alterations. Sometimes there are multiple fittings to make sure you fully love your tux and fix any issues. No one needs the added stress of still having fittings a week before their wedding day, so don’t wait until the last minute to get this done!
- Keep in mind the season of your wedding.
- Although it is tempting to go all out and get an extravagant tuxedo with a vest and all the matching separates, keep in mind if you’re getting married in the heat of summer..outside..in the south, more layers may not be the best idea. If this is the case, consider a nice button down with a vest for the ceremony and suit jacket for pictures. Talk with your partner and keep in mind the length of the ceremony and if either of you will be in direct sunlight or not.
- Have your partner tag along for input and make a date night out of it.
- Although not required, it could be the perfect time to have a date night after you get the details settled and your attire picked. You could use the time after your fitting to talk over final big plans, your honeymoon or just to get excited over your big day!
- This is your day too, so make sure you feel amazing!
- Talk with your partner about what your dreams and wants are for your wedding day. Although the bride is usually the main focus of weddings, don’t forget that it’s your wedding day, too!
Let us know if there are any questions we can help answer for your big day, whether they’re about dresses or suits! We can’t wait to see how dapper you look!
Associate Wedding Coordinator | Content Creator
Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design Chattanooga Tennessee’s Premier
Wedding Planning and Event Studio Owned by Chattanooga Wedding Planner and Wedding Coordinator Shaun M.Teague
Cue the Champagne Event Planning + Design offers Wedding Day Event Management Services formerly known as Day of Wedding Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning Services, Chattanooga Wedding Flowers ,Elopement Planning and Event Design Services for all your Social and Corporate Events. Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design also offer Chattanooga Wedding Flowers for your wedding and event planning needs.
Cue The Champagne Event Planning + Design caters to Weddings and Events in Chattanooga Tennessee and Atlanta, Georgia Wedding locations and Worldwide