Your wedding dress is more than simply an item of clothing. This is a dress that will be remembered forever, pictured more than any other item of clothing you’ll own, and a potential item to pass down to your children for their weddings. For these reasons- among others- we wanted to create a few tips and prepare you for your purchase as much as possible! No matter what dress you pick, the coordinators at Cue the Champagne can’t wait to see how gorgeous you look.
- Do your research but still be open to trying different styles.
- Head to Pinterest or Instagram and find a few dresses you like, then see if there are commonalities in them. Are they all A-line? All have lace detailing or sleeves? Make note of that! Also, make sure you know what you want to start with, but try to keep an open mind to a dress suggested by your consultant. Consultants at bridal shops are the PROS– they do this for a living! You never know what you may end up falling in love with and it could be a dress you never even expected!
- Figure out your budget before your first appointment.
- Wedding gowns can easily reach into the tens of thousands of dollars. Before going into your appointment and falling in love with a $15,000 gown, sit down with your spouse or whoever may be purchasing your gown and set a price point to stick to. Keep in mind you may need to account for accessories and alterations when creating your budget.
- Prepare for sizing.
- Bridal sizing will typically run a few sizes larger than the size you’re used to. Try not to panic or worry; this is only a number! Try to focus on how you feel in each individual dress, not the size. No matter the number, if you’re confident in your gown, you will be even more gorgeous in it!
- Stay true to what YOU love!
- There will always be those who come with you to try on dresses who don’t have the same style as you. Although we love to have input from our friends and loved ones, remember- it is YOUR day and YOUR dress! If you’ve had a vision of a certain dress since you were young, or find one you can’t envision your day without, as long as you love it, that is all that matters.
- Make sure you can move!
- Trust me- you do not want to be so constricted in your wedding dress that you can barely move or breathe. Sure- there will be times you’ll be standing still at your wedding, but there will be more time spent mingling, sitting down, dancing and moving, so make sure you’re comfortable throughout it all!
- You don’t have to cry.
- We all react to finding ‘the dress’ differently. Some of us are more emotional than others and that is perfectly okay! Don’t put pressure on yourself to cry and don’t make that your one and only indicator that you’ve found ‘the one.’ There are so many other reactions that are just as special so try not to get too upset if you don’t react how you expected!
Ultimately, we hope you have the best experience possible while shopping for your dress with those important to you! Just know, we can’t wait to see how beautiful you look on your big day.
Associate Wedding Coordinator | Content Creator
Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design Chattanooga Tennessee’s Premier
Wedding Planning and Event Studio Owned by Chattanooga Wedding Planner and Wedding Coordinator Shaun M.Teague
Cue the Champagne Event Planning + Design offers Wedding Day Event Management Services formerly known as Day of Wedding Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning Services, Chattanooga Wedding Flowers ,Elopement Planning and Event Design Services for all your Social and Corporate Events. Cue The Champagne Event Planning and Design also offer Chattanooga Wedding Flowers for your wedding and event planning needs.
Cue The Champagne Event Planning + Design caters to Weddings and Events in Chattanooga Tennessee and Atlanta, Georgia Wedding locations and Worldwide